Once upon a time, churches used overhead projectors to display song lyrics on screen for people to follow. This was not bad for its time, but it did require a lot of work on the operator. It was tedious (and stressful) to search for songs fast under pressure; one needed nimble fingers to jump to different stanzas quickly, and strange cardboard-contraptions to obscure certain lines. And apart from rolling back the projector and re-focusing, adjusting the size and resolution or the background was difficult if not impossible. But thankfully, in this era such contraptions are a thing of the past.
After many long months of programming, I’m happy to introduce our latest software creation: Melodie. With Melodie, you can store your entire library of songs on a computer, and then quickly retrieve them, and have lyrics scroll down at a certain pace, and/or quickly queue up the next song or stanza at the direction of a song leader. The idea is distraction-free worship.
But if you need to add a little color or make a more dynamic song/bible presentation (for a youth choir, or Sunday School graduation for example) you can still do that with Melodie!
With the new Professional Edition of Melodie you can set dynamic backgrounds (picture clouds moving) via videos. The text, fonts, margins etc. are all customizable. In fact, Melodie Professional has a whole suite of neat features, such as:
- Dual-Screen Output
- Direct X-based text scrolling for enhanced smoothness and control
- Jump quickly to individual song lines as well as stanzas
- Supports wide screen output aspect ratios
- Easy to use (cliché-sounding, but it really is easy)
- Bulk import your song data from a spreadsheet
- Songs can be “tagged” by keywords to aid in searching.
- Video loop and gradient background options
- Advanced full-text song searching algorithm
- Quick Bible passage look-ups (comes with the KJV and ASV bible)
- Shortcut / Function keys make operation a cinch
- Melodie keeps itself up-to-date automatically
Check out The Melodie Professional Edition website to download and learn more!